Sulut-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sulut-1 power station is a 2 x 50-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in Bindjeta, East Bolangitang District, North Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
The satellite photo below shows the plant in Bindjeta, East Bolangitang District, North Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
Background on Plant
The long-range plan for 2019-2028 lists the two units coming online in 2021 and 2022. In September 2019 Persero signed contracts for construction of the plant. PT Medco Power Indonesia was awarded the operation and maintenance (O&M) contract. A consortium consisting of Medco Power, PT Inti Karya Persada Tehnik, PT PP Persero Tbk, ITOCHU Corporation, and Sumitomo Heavy Industries, was awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction contract. The EPC contract was worth IDR1.24 trillion (approximately US$88 million).
A June 2021 report from the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis lists a target operation date of 2023/2024 for the Sulut-1 power station. An August 2021 news report, however, stated that progress on the Sulut-1 power station was 22% complete, and that commercial operation was targeted for Q4 2022. As of December 2021 the estimated completion date for Unit 1 was 2023, and for Unit 2 it was 2024.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Bindjeta, East Bolangitang District, North Sulawesi Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.890184, 123.470106 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2023; Unit 2: 2024
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, D-6
- PLTU di bolmut segera ditenderkan ini sikap anggota dprd, LiputanBMR.com, Feb. 20, 2018
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-57
- PLN Teken Kontrak Pembangunan Tiga PLTU, Ekonomi, Sep. 9, 2019
- Medco Power Operasikan PLTU Sulut-1 dan Timor-1, PetroMiner, Aug. 29, 2019
- PTPP targets new contracts from the energy sector to reach Rp 3 trillion this year, Kontan, Aug. 2, 2021
- Putting PLN’s Net Zero Ambition into Context, Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, June 25, 2021
- Communication with CERAH