Sumbawa-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sumbawa-2 power station is a 2 x 50 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in Plampang District and Empang District, West Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the area around Labuhan Santong Bay, Plampang District and Gapit Village, Empang District, where the plant was originally to be built. In October 2019 the Head of Land Affairs of the Sumbawa Regional Secretariat revealed the results of a field study which concluded that the Gapit Village site is unsuitable and that a new site must be selected.
Background on Plant
In the 2016-2025 long-range plan, the project is shown at 2 x 50 MW. According to the plan, the project was previously 2 x 25 MW. Its target completion date was changed from 2023/24 to 2021/22.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan, the project is scheduled for 2021/22 and the developer is designated as "unallocated," i.e. it is not decided whether the project will be built by PT PLN or by an independent power provider. A location for the plant is not shown on the plan maps. In the 2018-2027 long-range plan the first unit is scheduled for 2023 and the second unit is scheduled for 2026.
In August 2018 it was announced that the plant would be built in the area of Labuhan Santong Bay, Plampang District and Gapit Village, Empang District, and that land acquisition documents were being prepared.
- Parent company: TBD
- Location: Labuhan Santong Bay, Plampang District and Gapit Village, Empang District, West Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -8.7479812,117.9576538 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2023/2026
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Lokasi Lahan PLTU Sumbawa II Dipindah, Pulau Sumbawa News, Oct. 15, 2019
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016, Table 6.11
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, B-121
- PLTU Sumbawa 2 Segera Dibangun di Perbatasan Teluk Santong—Gapit, Samawarea, Aug. 25, 2018