Sumsel-6 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sumsel-6 power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Musi Banyuasin Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The project may be a revived version of the Muara Enim power station.
The image below shows the approximate location of the project, in Musi Banyuasin Regency, South Sumatra Province, as shown in the PLN long-range plan for 2019-2028.
Background on Plant
In the 2015-2024 PLN long-range supply plan, Sumsel-6 power station in proposed for 2020/2021. In the 2017-2026 long-range plan the project is proposed for 2021. In the 2018-2027 long-range plan a 300 MW unit is proposed for 2024, and a second unit referred to as "Sumsel-6B" is proposed for 2026. According to PT Bukit Asam Sumsel-6 will be a mine-mouth power plant. The long-range plan for 2019-2028 lists a single 300-MW unit scheduled for completion in 2027, while Unit 2 is switched to gas.
- Sponsor: PT Bukit Asam
- Parent Company: PT Bukit Asam
- Location: Musi Banyuasin Regency, South Sumatra, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -2.355761, 103.44339 (approximate)
- Status: Unit 1: Announced; Unit 2: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 300 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2027
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- [Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, A-82
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, V-39
- Harga Batu Bara Diatur, PTBA Genjot Ekspor, Detik Finance, Mar. 12, 2018
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-38
- Sesuaikan kebutuhan, PLN kaji PLTU mulut tambang agar tetap berlanjut, Kontan, May 2019
- The Case for System Transformation in Indonesia, IEEFA, November 2019