Xintian Tangshan LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Xintian Tangshan LNG Terminal (新天唐山曹妃甸LNG接收站) is a proposed LNG terminal under development in Caofeidian Industrial Zone, Tangshan, Hebei, China.
- Sponsor: Caofeidian Xintian Liquefaction Natural Gas Company 曹妃甸新天液化天然气有限公司
- owner: Suntien Green Energy Co., Ltd 51%; Hebei Construction & Investment Group Co., Ltd. 49%.
- Parent: Suntien Green Energy Co., Ltd
- Location: Caofeidian Industrial Zone, Tangsham, Hebei, China
- Coordinates: 38.957077, 118.5646 (exact)
- Capacity: Phase One: 7 mtpa; Phase Two; 3.5 mtpa; Phase Three: 3.5 mtpa
- Status: Phase One: Construction: Phase Two: Proposed; Phase Three: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year: Phase One: 2022; Phase Two: TBD; Phase Three: TBD
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
The EIA report of the project was approved by MEE in May 2019. It was permitted by NDRC in October 2019, along with a 176-km transporting gas pipeline, and by July 28, the construction of the first phase of the LNG terminal has begun.
Suntien Green Energy Company intends to issue shares in a non-public offering and raise funds not exceeding 5.11 billion yuan ($785.6 million). More than half of the raised money will be used to support the first and second phases of the LNG terminal project.
Articles and resources
- "曹妃甸新天液化天然气有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- 环渤海地区最大LNG项目落户唐山曹妃甸 总投资达320亿元, Xinhua.net, Jul. 11, 2019
- "曹妃甸将成为全国LNG接卸能力最大的港口". www.cbmf.org. 2019-11-08. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- 关于唐山LNG项目环境影响报告书的批复, 生态环境部, May 20, 2019
- 新天绿能：唐山LNG接收站项目目前第一阶段工程已开工建设 10jqka.com.cn, 07/08/2020
- 新天绿能募资建设唐山LNG接收站项目 Sohu.com, 12-25-2020