Surat-Paradip Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Surat-Paradip Gas Pipeline was a proposed natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline would run from Surat, Gujarat to Paradip, Odisha.
- Operator: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Parent Company: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Proposed capacity: 27.3 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 1,312 miles / 2,112 kilometers
- Status: Cancelled
Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) was awarded a license to build the pipeline in June 2012 by the Petroleum And Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) In March 2018, GAIL failing to begin construction, the PNGRB cancelled the license.
Articles and resources
- Surat to Paradip Pipeline, PNGRP, Sep. 9, 2014
- Oil regulator cancels GAIL’s Surat-Paradip pipeline licence, Live Mint, Mar. 15, 2018
- PNGRB cancels GAIL’s license to build Surat-Paradip natural gas pipeline, India Times, Mar. 14, 2018