Sutton Bridge-B power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Sutton Bridge-B power station was a proposed 1,800-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Lincolnshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire County, United Kingdom.
EDF Energy was granted planning consent to construct a new gas power plant in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire, in September 2015. However, because of low capacity-market prices, the firm declared in 2015 that it had no plans to develop the facility.
- Sponsor: EDF Energy
- Parent company: EDF Group
- Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.7694, 0.1890 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (canceled): 1,800 MW
- Combined-cycle units: 1800 MW in total
Articles and Resources
- EDF Energy Proposed Sutton Bridge B natural gas fired power station Project Update, EDF website, accessed November 2019.
- New gas power station approved in Lincolnshire, GOV.UK, September 16, 2015.
- EDF to hold fire on Sutton Bridge despite DECC approval, Interfax, September 22, 2015.