Suvali power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Suvali power station was a proposed 1,500-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Gujarat, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Suvali - Surat District, the state of Gujarat, India.
In 2006, Essar sought Special Economic Zone status for this facility. Since then, no further mention of progress regarding this facility appears to have been made.
- Sponsor: Essar Power Ltd.
- Parent company: Essar Energy Plc
- Location: Suvali - Surat District, the state of Gujarat, India
- Coordinates: 21.1471, 72.6393 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (canceled): 1,500 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1: 750 MW
- Combined-cycle units 2: 750 MW
Articles and Resources
- Essar seeks SEZ status for Suvali power project, The Economic Times, August 09, 2006