TAP Interconnection Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The TAP Interconnector Gas Pipeline, known in Italy as Progetto di Interconnessione TAP, is a natural gas pipeline in Italy.
The pipeline will run from Melendugno to Brindisi (Apulia region) in southeastern Italy.
- Owner: SNAM Rete Gas S.p.A.
- Length: 55 km / 34.18 miles
- Diameter: 56 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2020
- Cost: €183 million (US$219 million)
The TAP Interconnection pipeline is designed to transport imported natural gas from the western terminus of the Trans-Adriatic Gas Pipeline at Meledugno into SNAM's gas distribution facility at Brindisi, where it can enter Italy's national network. The project is listed prominently in Italy's 10-year Natural Gas Development Plan for 2020-2029, and also appears in the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) Ten Year Network Development Plan with the code "TRA-F-1193".
According to comments provided by SNAM to ENTSOG, the company has not sought financing for the €183 million project from the Connecting Europe Facility or from other sources, and appears to be financing the interconnector with its own resources. At its annual shareholders' meeting in June 2020, SNAM told environmental campaigners that its total investment for the project is €297 million.
The TAP Interconnector gas pipeline was one of eight SNAM gas infrastructure projects supported by a €240 million loan which the European Investment Bank agreed to provide in 2019.
According to ENTSOG, TRA-F-1193 was commissioned in 2020.
Articles and resources
- "Piano decennale di sviluppo della rete di trasporto del gas naturale 2020-2029 (p. 56)" (PDF). SNAM Rete Gas. January 31, 2020.
- "Map Viewer". Minambiente (Italian Ministry of the Environment). Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- "Metanodotto "Interconnessione TAP" DN 1400 (56"), DP 75 bar, L=55,090 km - Info - Valutazioni e Autorizzazioni Ambientali - VAS - VIA - AIA". Minambiente (Italian Ministry of the Environment). Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- Ziegenhagen, Linus (2020-09-15). "Analysis of Promoters' Submissions — ENTSOG TYNDP 2020". European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas. Retrieved 2020-12-01. soft hyphen character in
|title=at position 24 (help)
- Ten-Year Network Development Plan 2020: Annex A – Project Tables, European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas, accessed Nov. 30, 2020
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- Ten-Year Network Development Plan 2020: Annex A – Project Details, European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas, page 632, accessed Nov. 30, 2020
- SNAM INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADE, European Investment Bank Projects, Nov. 23, 2018