TVK Industrial power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
TVK Industrial power station is a 34-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen County, Hungary.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Tiszaujvaros, Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen County, Hungary.
TVK Industrial power station was built at Tiszai Vegyi Kombinát (Tisza Chemical Works) to support TVK process plants. It also supports MOL's Tiszai Finomító refinery. It was built by a partnership of Tiszai Vegyi Kombinat Rt (TVK) and ÉMÁSZ, however in 2014 TVK bought out ÉMÁSZ's shares. MOL Plc. acquired TVK and renamed it MOL Petrolkémia Zrt in 2015. The power station is now run by MOL and MOL Petrolkémia Zrt subsidiary TVK-Erőmű Kft.
- Sponsor: TVK-Erőmű Kft
- Parent company: MOL Plc
- Location: Tiszaujvaros, Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen County, Hungary
- Coordinates: 47.9144, 21.0236 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 34 MW
Articles and Resources
- The History of Tiszai Vegyi Kombinát (Tisza Chemical Works), MOL Group, accessed Apr 12, 2021
- TVK buys power plant from ÉMÁSZ, Budapest Business Journal (BBJ),Dec 22, 2014
- Tiszaújváros, Chemicals Technology, accessed Apr 12, 2021
- TVK changes name to MOL Petrolkémia, Budapest Business Journal (BBJ), Aug 28, 2015
- MOL Group Integrated Annual Report 2019, MOL, 2019
- Global Energy Observatory ID 42681, accessed January 2020