|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Tadicherla coal mine is owned by Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Limited in Karimnagar, Telangana, India.
The mine provides coal to the Kakatiya Power Station.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Limited operates the mine.
- Operator:Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Limited
- Owner: Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Limited
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 18.523763, 79.749677 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 2.05 million tonnes (Actual Production 2019: 1.673 Mt)
- Reserves: 45.36 (Proven and Probable, 2016) 
- Resources: 47.93 million tonnes
- In service: 2015 
- Mine Size: 3,000 acres
- Mine Depths: 30-300 m
- Coal type: Subbituminous (C grade)
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
Articles and resources
- K. M. Dayashankar, Re-allocation of Tadicherla coal block set to reduce power woes, The Hindu, January 12, 2015
- Environmental Clearance, "Tadicherla Open Cast Coal Mine", Government of India Ministry for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Accessed June 2021