Taedonggang Ironworks steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Taedonggang Ironworks (大同江製鋼所 (chinese)) is a steel plant in Taedonggang, South Pyongan, North Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Taedonggang, South Pyongan, North Korea.
Steel for weapons development
In March 2020, Daily NK reported that North Korea is aiming to increase its production of steel for weapons development, with the goal of selling these weapons abroad for foreign currency.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Metal and Machine-Building Industries)
- Parent company: Government of North Korea
- Owner: Government of North Korea
- Alternative plant names: Daedong River Iron Mill, Taedong River Iron Mill
- Other language plant name: 大同江製鋼所 (chinese)
- Location: Taedonggang, South Pyongan, North Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 39.477536, 126.012718 (approximate)
- Plant status: operating
Articles and resources
- Kim Ch'aek Iron and Steel Complex, Nuclear Threat Initiative, Apr. 1, 2003 Retrieved on: May 27, 2020
- N. Korea ramps up steel production for weapons development, Jang Seul Gi, Daily NK, Mar. 19, 2020, Retrieved on: May 27, 2020