Tahkoluoto power station
Tahkoluoto power station was a 225-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Satakunta, Finland.
It was retired in 2017.
The undated satellite below shows the plant in Pori.
The power plant consisted of a 225 MW subcritical coal unit commissioned in 1976 and owned by Pohjolan Voima.
In 2015 Pohjolan Voima decided to close the plant.
- Sponsor: Pohjolan Voima Oy
- Parent company: Pohjolan Voima
- Location: Pori, Satakunta, Finland
- Coordinates: 61.63243, 21.40475 (exact)
- Status: Retired
- Capacity: 225 MW
- Start date: 1976
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Coal-Fired Plants in Finland," Industcards, accessed April 2016
- "Finland to provide $88 mln investment aid to renewables projects," Reuters, Feb 25, 2016