Shanxi Taigang Stainless Steel Co., Ltd.
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China.
According to the announcement of Shanxi Taigang's stainless capacity replacement plan, the company plans to build a 90-ton electric furnace to replace the existing 90-ton electric furnace.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Shanxi Province State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission 100%)
- Parent company: Shanxi Province State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission 100%
- Owner: Shanxi State-owned Capital Investment and Operation Co., Ltd. 100%
- Other language plant name: 山西太钢不锈钢股份有限公司 (Chinese)
- Location: Jiancaoping District, Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 37.931488, 112.539321 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1997 (age 24–25) (year company was established)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: finished rolled
- Steel products: stainless steel, cold-rolled silicon steel, and high-strength steel
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 blast furnaces (BF) (1x1800m³, 2x4350m³), 6 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (2x85-tonne, 1x90-tonne, 3x180-tonne), 4 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (1x50-tonne, 1x90-tonne, 2x160-tonne)
Articles and resources