Taiyuan Steel Mill power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Taiyuan Steel Mill power station (太原钢铁集团不锈钢自备电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Jincaoping, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Jincaoping, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China.
The Taiyuan Steel Mill power station was proposed to aid with the Taiyuan Iron & Steel Group's operation; the plant was designed to fuel the production of 1.5 million tonnes of steel per year. The total investment of the project was 284.5 million RMB, and it was approved by the National Development and Reform Commission in 2007. In 2008, the plant was sold to Shanxi Taigang Stainless Steel Co. Ltd. In 2010, both 600 MW units were commissioned; combined, they have an annual power generation capacity of 1.525 billion kWh.
After some changes to the initial construction plan were made by the Taiyuan Iron & Steel group in 2010, the Chinese Ministry of Environment and Ecology mandated that new emissions control technology would be added to the power plant and its complementary sintering machine. These included speeding up the implementation of desulfurization, denitration and dust removal systems and eliminating over 100 small furnaces to improve the pollution of the plant.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Taigang Stainless Steel Co.Ltd
- Parent company: Taiyuan Iron & Steel Group
- Location: Jincaoping, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.9194, 112.5378 (exact)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 600 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2010)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2010)
Articles and Resources
- 工业司子站 (January 9, 2007). "国家发展改革委核准太原钢铁集团自备电厂项目-国家发展改革委核准太原钢铁集团自备电厂项目-国际电力网". Power. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "山西太钢不锈钢股份有限公司关于收购太原（钢铁）集团有限公司自备电厂工程资产评估项目获国资委核准的公告_焦点透视_新浪财经_新浪网". Sina News. September 9, 2009. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "太原钢铁（集团）有限公司". Baidu. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "关于同意太原钢铁（集团）有限公司150万吨不锈钢工程、制铁系统技改升级置换工程变更项目环境影响报告书的函". Ministry of Environment and Ecology (in cn). July 15, 2010. Retrieved 2021-06-04.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)