Tajín Energía power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
Tajín Energía power station (Central CC Tajín Energía) is a 1146-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the state of Veracruz, Mexico in pre-construction.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Tuxpan de Rodríguez Cano, the state of Veracruz, Mexico.
- Sponsor: Tajín Energía, S. de R. L. de C. V.
- Parent company: Tajín Energía, S. de R. L. de C. V.
- Location: Tuxpan de Rodríguez Cano, Veracruz, Mexico
- Coordinates: 20.9597, -97.4159 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (pre-construction): 1146 MW
As of November 2018, Tajín Energía was planning to spend $850 million on the project -- $260 million allotted for the acquisition of generation equipment, $480 million for construction, and $110 million for financing. Once operating, the power station is expected to have a use life of 25 years. A coinciding gas pipeline will be constructed to go with the plant that is anticipated to have a flow of 185 MMPCD and will be approximately 150 meters long. Additionally, the 42 inch gas pipeline will connect to the Sur de Texas-Tuxpan Gas Pipeline. The project has received environmental approval from SEMARNAT.
Articles and Resources
- "Tabla De Permisos De Generación E Importación De Energía Eléctrica Administrados Al 30 De Abril De 2018" (PDF). SENER (Secretaría de Energía), Gobierno de México. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 10, 2021. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "Invertirán Dls. 850 millones en central de ciclo combinado" (PDF). Avaltec. November 30, 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "Central de Ciclo Combinado Tajín Energía I" (PDF). Mexico Secretaria de Medio Ambiente Y Recursos Naturales. November 30, 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Tajin Combined Cycle Power Plant, Mexico". Power Technology. November 30, 2021. Retrieved April 22, 2022.
- Garcia, Jorge (November 30, 2018). "Invertirán Dls. 850 millones en central de ciclo combinado" (PDF). Monitor Energético.