Takalar power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Takalar power station, also known as Punagaya FTP2 for "Punagaya Fast Track Program 2," is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant (2 x 100 MW) under development in South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the Takalar project, which is located immediately south of the Punagaya power station, in Bangkala District, Jeneponto Regency, South Sulawesi Province.
Background on Plant
Takalar power station is a two-unit, 200-MW coal-fired power plant under development in South Sulawesi. The project is described in the PT PLN 2015-2024 long range supply plan as "Punagaya FTP 2."
The project has been described as the first project to be undertaken under Fast Track Program Phase II. A construction contract has been signed. Construction is being handled by the Consortium of China Gezhouba Group Co., Ltd and PT Hutama. Financing is being provided by a Preferential Buyer's Credit from the Government of the People's Republic of China and the budget of PLN (APLN).
A groundbreaking ceremony was held in May 2015.
Unit 1 was commissioned in December 2017 and Unit 2 was commissioned in February 2018.
Under the Preferential Buyer’s Credit agreement, China's Export-Import Bank is providing a loan of US$240 million. Indonesia is providing US$42.6 million in project funding.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Punagaya village, Bangkala District, Jeneponto Regency, South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.6236347, 119.550822 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 200 MW (2 x 100 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2017; Unit 2: 2018
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$240,983,647 in debt from China Ex-Im Bank; US$42,659,000 in equity from the Government of Indonesia
Articles and resources
- "PLTU Takalar 2 × 100MW in Jeneponto, South Sulawesi is Ready to be Built," PT PLN, February 28, 2013
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Exim Bank loans $240m to Indonesia for Takalar Steam Coal Power Plant," AidData. 2017. Global Chinese Official Finance Dataset, Version 1.0.
- PLTU Punagaya dan PLTU Jeneponto Ekspansi Diresmikan Presiden Jokowi, Kompas, Jul. 2, 2018
Related GEM.wiki articles
[[Category: Existing coal plants in Indones