Talcher power station (NSL Nagapatnam)
From Global Energy Monitor
Talcher power station (NSL Nagapatnam) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Odisha, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed construction site for the power station in Angul district.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: NSL Nagapatnam Power & Infratech
- Parent company: NSL Group
- Location: Tentulei, Ghantapada, Jagannathapur, Sana Scatland, and Bada Scatland villages, Angul district, Odisha
- Coordinates: 20.916667, 85.183333 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1,320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Indonesia (30%), domestic (70%)
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, March 25, 2013
Resources and articles
- EIA, NSL Group, May, 2012.
- Environmental clearance, India MoEF, March 25, 2013.
- Broad Status Report, India Central Electrical Authority, February 2015
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, March 2016