Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya underground coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya underground coal mine is a mine complex, operated by SUEK, producing 5.8 MTPA at two underground mines in the village of Bolshaya Talda, in the Kuzbass coalfield, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the mine, near Bolshaya Talda, in Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
Coal Mine Background
Most of the coal SUEK, who operate these mines, produce is supplied to power generating companies in Europe and Asia. In the Kemerovo region, SUEK provides heat and power to the cities of Kemerovo and Novokuznetsk, the towns of Inskoy and Myski.
Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya-1 produces 2.8 MT of high volatile coal, about 1.3 MT of which are exported. Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya-2 produces 3.0 MT of high volatile coal, all volume is for export.
In 2017 $40 million USD was invested in a new longwall in Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya. In 2018, the development of the Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya-2 mine will transition to the 69th seam.
- Parent Company: SUEK
- Location: Bolshaya Talda, Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: Taldinskaya-Zapadnay-1: 54.177275, 87.103648 (exact), Taldinskaya-Zapadnay-2 54.160885, 87.097233 (exact)
- Status: Operational
- Production Capacity: 5.8 MTPA (2.8 MTPA from Taldinskaya-Zapadnay-1 and 3 MTPA from Taldinskaya-Zapadnay-2)
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 199 million tonnes (Proven and Probable, 2020) 
- Coal type: Thermal coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya-2: 2001
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- SUEK, "Empowered: Integrated Report 2018," page 51, SUEK, 2019.
- Территория шахты «Талдинская-Западная», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- SUEK, "Our operations," SUEK, accessed 17 February 2020.
- SUEK AG, "Coal Mines. Kuzbass" SUEK AG, accessed 17 February 2020.
- SUEK, "SUEK invests more than US$ 40 million in new longwall face at the Taldinskaya-Zapadnaya 2 mine," SUEK, 6 June 2017.
- JSC SUEK, "Annual Report 2020", SUEK website, Accessed June 2021
- Michael Korenev, "Merit in the Motherland" Solid Ground, 7 November 2018.