Talwood coal mine
The Talwood coal mine is a proposed open-cut coal mine. It would be located 35km north of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, Australia.
The undated image below shows the approximate location of the proposed mine.
Coal Mine Background
Talwood mine was previously known as Red Hill Coal Project and is owned 100% by Aquila Resources.
In 2013 the pre-feasibility study was underway.
- Parent Company: Aquila Resources
- Location: 35km north of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland
- GPS Coordinates: -21.664980, 148.191272 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Production Capacity: 3.6 mtpa
- Total Resource: 434.9 million tonnes (as at March 2013)
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size: 35 square kilometres
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Aquila Resources, "Talwood Coking Coal Project", Aquila Resources website, accessed 22 November 2019.
- Steel News, "Aquila Resources update on Talwood Coking Coal Project", Steel Guru website, 10 December 2010.
- Q Coal Group, "Chapter 34 Cumulative Impacts", page 13, 31 January 2013.