Tangshan Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Tangshan Coal Mine is operated and owned by Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd. It was built in 1878 and put into operation in 1881. It has a long history and was the first large-scale mine in China that used Western advanced industrial technology to dig and use machinery.
On August 2, 2019, a dynamic phenomenon occurred in the connecting lane F5010 in the coal pillar area of the ventilation shaft of the Tangshan Mining Branch of the Kailuan Group, causing a total of 7 deaths.
- Operator: Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: 54 Xinhua East Road, Lunan District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China
- GPS Coordinates: 39.621128, 118.196006(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Resource: 367.787 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 184.295 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Bituminous(Met)
- Mine Size: 55.0101k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1881