Tangshan Jianlong Special Steel Co., Ltd. plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Zunhua, Hebei Province, China.
The company has been included in the list of steel enterprises to be rectified due to environmental issues. On March 21, 2019, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment notified strengthening of supervision in key areas, under the Blue Sky Defense War 2018-2019: Tangshan Jianlong was found having a problem of unorganized emissions of industrial dust. On October 31 and November 14, 2019, the company's 3# blast furnace and 1# blast furnace ceased production. On November 15, 2019, the 1# converter ceased production. So far, Tangshan Jianlong Smelter has been shut down.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Beijing Jianlong Investment Co., Ltd. 69.89%, Fosun International Co., Ltd. 25.7%, Beijing Shanshui Yongming Investment Co., Ltd. 4.41%
- Owner: Tianjin Jianlong Iron & Steel Industrial Co., Ltd. 100%
- Alternative plant names: Tangshan Jianlong Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Other language plant name: 唐山建龙特殊钢有限公司 (Chinese)
- Location: No. 32 Jianshe South Road, Zunhua City, Tangshan City, Hebei Province
- GPS Coordinates: 40.167686, 117.964004 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2000 (age 20–21)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: hot rolled strip, cold rolled strip, advanced welded pipe, special steel forgings
- Steelmaking process: integrated(BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 blast furnaces (BF) (3x450m³), 2 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (2x60-tonne)
Articles and resources