Tangshan Songting Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Tangshan, Hebei Province, China.
On May 23, 2019, the working group for strengthening supervision and designated assistance in key areas, which is part of the Blue Sky Defense War launched by the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, has pointed out that Tangshan Songting has many environmental problems. Now it has been listed as a steel enterprise to be rectified and reformed.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Tangshan Songting Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. 100%: Han Wenyou 90%, Ma Li 10%
- Owner: Tangshan Songting Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. 100%: Han Wenyou 90%, Ma Li 10%
- Alternative plant names: Tangshan Iron and Steel Plant (predecessor); Hebei Iron and Steel Group Songting Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.; Tangshan Great Wall Iron and Steel Group Songting Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.
- Other language plant name: 唐山松汀钢铁有限公司 (Chinese)
- Location: Northwest of Muchangkou Town, Qian'an City, Tangshan City, Hebei Province
- GPS Coordinates: 39.938866, 118.576678 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1969 (age 51–52)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: common carbon steel billets, continuous casting slabs, low alloy steels, medium and wide steel strips, steel billets
- Steelmaking process: integrated(BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 4 blast furnaces (BF) (2x580m³，2x1080m³), 4 basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (2x100-tonne, 2x120-tonne)
Articles and resources