Tangshan Xinglong Iron and Steel Co., Ltd. plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Tangshan, Hebei Province, China.
On October 30, 2019, the government of Tangshan City issued the "Tangshan City November Plan for Strengthening Air Pollution Prevention and Control," which required Xinglong Iron and Steel to shut down and cease emitting pollutants before November 15, 2019. Reports contend that Xinglong Iron and Steel's 1.5 million tons of ironmaking capacity has been transferred to Guangxi Liuzhou Iron and Steel Group.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Tangshan Xinglong Iron and Steel Co., Ltd. 100%: Zheng Tingwen 96.47%, Li Lianzheng 3.53%
- Owner: Tangshan Xinglong Iron and Steel Co., Ltd. 100%: Zheng Tingwen 96.47%, Li Lianzheng 3.53%
- Alternative plant names: Luan County Xinglong Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.; Luan County Hongting Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.
- Other language plant name: 唐山兴隆钢铁有限公司 (Chinese)
- Location: Zhenzi Town, Luan County, Tangshan City, Hebei Province
- GPS Coordinates: 39.847612, 118.348448 (exact)
- Plant status: Closed in 2019
- Start year: 2004 (age 16–17)
- Year of closure: 2019
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot rolled steel strip
- Steelmaking process: integrated（BF）
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 blast furnaces (BF) (1x530m³, 1x1080m³), 3 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (3x50-tonne)
Articles and resources