Tanjung Awar-Awar power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Tanjung Awar-Awar power station is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in East Java Province, Indonesia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is located in Wadung Village, Jenu District, Tuban Regency, East Java Province.
Tanjung Awar-Awar power station is a two-unit, 700-MW coal-fired power plant in East Java Province. The plant was completed in 2012-13, and is owned by PLN. This project is part of Fast Track Program 10,000 MW Phase 1 (FTP-1). Under a presidential decree issued on July 5, 2006 and amended on December 23, 2009, the government of Indonesia directed PT PLN to establish coal-fired steam power plants (PLTU) in 37 different locations throughout Indonesia. The 10 projects identified in FTP-1 included 10 with a total capacity of 7,490 MW in Java-Bali; 12 with total capacity of 1,600 MW in West Indonesia; and 15 with total capacity of 885 MW in East Indonesia.
On January 30, 2009, a financing agreement for the project was closed. Bank Negara Indonesia and Bank Rakyat Indonesia agreed to provide US$101.92 million in loans.
On December 15, 2009, another financing agreement for the project was closed. The Bank of China agreed to provide a US$371.5 million loan.
- Sponsor: PT PLN (Persero)
- Parent company: Government of Indonesia
- Location: Wadung Village, Jenu District, Tuban Regency, East Java Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -6.8105242, 111.9955033 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: Unit 1: December 2012; Unit 2: October 2013
- Coal Type: Subbituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$101.92 million in debt from Bank Negara Indonesia and Bank Rakyat Indonesia; US$371.5 million in debt from Bank of China
Articles and resources
- PT PLN (Persero) Annual Report, 2012, page 134
- UPK PJB 3 (PLTU Tanjung Awar-Awar), accessed January 2014
- "Preview of Tanjung Awar-Awar Power Plant (700MW) | Transaction | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- "Tanjung Awar-Awar power station". Global Energy Monitor. 2019-12-25. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- "UPK CHD 3 (power plant Tanjung Awar-Awar)," PT PLN (Persero) website, accessed January 2014