Tantawan Field Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Tantawan Field Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Thailand.
The pipeline from wellheads in the Tantawan Field to the Tantawan FPSO facility.
- Owner: PTT Public Company Limited
- Current Capacity: 300 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 34 miles / 54 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1997
The pipeline is owned and operated by PTT.
Natural Gas in Thailand
Thailand’s main use of natural gas is in electricity generation. Overall, natural gas plays a large role in Thailand’s energy mix and natural gas is responsible for 39% of Thailand’s primary energy consumption.
Articles and resources
- Natural Gas Transmission System, PTT Public Company Limited, accessed August 2018
- Rutherford-Moran starts production Tantawan Field Gulf of Thailand, Alexander's Gas & Oil Connections, Feb. 18, 1997
- Gas In Thailand, World Energy Council, accessed August 2018