From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The active mine operated by Tauron in the region, include Janina, Sobieski, and Brzeszcze.
The satellite photo below shows the mine site near Jaworzno in Silesian, Poland.
- Operator: Tauron Wydoycie
- Parent Company: Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
- Location: Silesian, Poland
- GPS coordinates: 50.184793, 19.259672 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year:
- Mineable reserves: 134 million tonnes
- Coal type: Bituminous (Thermal, Met)
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Underground
- Mine depth: 1150 m
- Production: 5 million tonnes per year
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Euracoal, Poland, accessed September 2020
- Central Mining Institute, Polish hard Coal Mining Sector--Current State and Perspectives, June 2017
- Poland's Tauron considers selling some coal mines: sources, Reuters, May 10, 2019