Tees Combined-Cycle Power Plant
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Grangetown - Redcar & Cleveland, North Yorkshire County, United Kingdom.
Sembcorp is proposing to build on the former site of the Teesside power station, retired in 2013 and subsequently dismantled. They submitted the original application for this plant in 2017, with approval in 2019.
The application has not been withdrawn but there has been very little news since 2019. In 2021 the project applied for 543 MW new generation in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 auction, but they were not listed in the final results. This would qualify them for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply. It is unclear if financing depended on these subsidies.
- Sponsor: Sembcorp Utilities UK Ltd
- Parent company: Sembcorp Industries Ltd
- Location: Grangetown - Redcar & Cleveland, North Yorkshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 54.5808, -1.1442 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,700 MW
Articles and Resources
- APPLICATION FOR THE TEES COMBINED CYCLE POWER PLANT ORDER, National Planning Infrastructure website, April 5, 2019.
- Tees CCPP Project Sembcorp website
- Tees Combined-Cycle Power Plant, Middlesbrough, Power Technology, accessed Apr 14, 2021
- Generating Stations: Tees CCPP, National Infrastructure Planning, accessed Apr 14, 2021
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- The Drax gas plant is dead: But other new gas projects are a headache for the COP26 team, Ember, Feb 15, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Tees Combined-Cycle Power Plant, Middlesbrough, Power Technology, accessed November 2019.