|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Telfer Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Port Hedland, Western Australia to the Telfer mine in Nifty, Western Australia.
- Operator: APA Group
- Parent Company: Energy Infrastructure Investments
- Current Capacity: 29 terajoules per day (26.82 million cubic feet per day)
- Length: 275 miles / 443 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2004
The pipeline is owned by Energy Infrastructure Investments (EII) and operated by APA Group. APA has a 19.9% equity share in EII. Copper, gold, and silver are mined at the pipeline's terminus in Nifty, Western Australia.
Articles and resources
- Telfer Pipeline pumping gas, The Australian Pipeline, Mar. 16, 2016
- Nomination of Nifty Gas Pipeline for Environmental Excellence, IPLOCA, 2006
- APA Group Assets/Activities, APA Group, May 13, 2014
- Telfer Operation, Mining Data Solutions, accessed September 2020