Termosolo power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Termosolo power station (Central Termosolo) is a 228-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station under construction in Valle del Cauca department, Colombia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Buenaventura, Valle del Cauca department, Colombia.
- Sponsor: Sociedad Portuaria Energética Multipropósito Y Contenedores Puerto Solo Buenaventura S.A.
- Parent company: SeaOne Holdings, LLC
- Location: Buenaventura, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
- Coordinates: 3.8757, -77.0582 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 228 MW
In December 2019, Termosolo's two units were both in the beginning process of their assembly and will be receive gas from the Puerto Solo gas terminal. By December 2020, the plant received it's environmental permit and was slated to cost approximately $194 million. The Termosolo power station is expected to be fully operational in December 2022. A 230 kV transmission line will connect the power station to the grid.
Articles and Resources
- "Sistema de Información Eléctrico Colombiano (SIEL)". Informe de Registro de Proyectos de Generación de Energía Eléctrica. December 1, 2020. Archived from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "Puerto Solo". Seaone. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Puerto Solo, la terminal del Pacífico para entrada de GLP". Portafolio. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "COLOMBIA: Buenaventura Regasification Terminal in the pacific coast - FullAvanteNews". FullAvanteNews. 2019-12-16. Retrieved 2021-06-29.
- "Colombia begins permitting for 148MW thermoelectric power plant". Colombia Económica. 2020-12-03. Retrieved 2021-06-29.