Thakurli power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Thakurli power station was a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Maharashtra, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Dombivli - Thane District, the state of Maharashtra, India.
According to Ibis Research Information Services, the project will progress when gas is made available at an economic cost. No specific actions appear that have been taken since the original announcement in 2011.
- Sponsor: Indian Railways
- Parent company: Indian Railways
- Location: Dombivli - Thane District, the state of Maharashtra, India
- Coordinates: 19.2094, 73.0939 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (canceled): 700 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 700 MW
Articles and Resources
- Central Railway Plans 700MW Gas Based Power Project in Thakurli, ibis, accessed November 2019.
- Thakurli power plant to be reopened, The Times of India, FEBRUARY 26, 2011.