Thirumallaivasal power station
Thirumallaivasal power station is a proposed 1,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Tamil Nadu, India.
The map below shows Thirumullaivasal village, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
AES Naganadu Power received a terms of reference toward an environmental permit for the 1,400 coal-fired power station in May 2011.
As of August 2015, it appears that the project has been shelved or abandoned since there has been no further progress toward seeking environmental approval for this project, and there are no reports of development activity.
- Sponsor: AES Naganadu Power
- Parent company:
- Location: Thirumullaivasal village, Sirkazhi taluk, Nagaipattinam district, Tamil Nadu
- Coordinates: 11.2405365, 79.8385906 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Unit 1: 700 MW
- Unit 2: 700 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Terms of reference, India MoEF, May 19, 2011
Resources and articles
- Terms of reference, India MoEF, May 19, 2011.