Thoi Hoa power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Thai Hoa power station was a proposed 1,000-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
As of January 2020, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to have been cancelled in 2007.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Thoi Hoa, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
The sponsor of this project, Toyo Ink Group Bhd, has been wanting to get into the Vietnam power industry since calendar year 2007. In April 2007, the company selected an initial site in Thai Hoa Industrial Park, Binh Duong Province to build a gas fired power plant. However, the Vietnam Government did not include the development of a gas supply to the region around that time, so the company moved on to other projects.
- Sponsor: Toyo Ink Group Bhd
- Parent company: Toyo Ink SC Holdings Co Ltd.
- Location: Thoi Hoa, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 11.1044, 106.6232 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,000 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 1,000 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Toyo Ink Group Berhad Annual Report 2019, p. 79, Toyo Ink Group Berhad website, accessed Jan 2020