Thompson River Co-Gen
The Thompson River Co-Gen project has been built, but it stopped operating Sept. 2005 due to permit violations. In Nov. 2007, the Montana Department of Environmental Quality settled its enforcement action against Thompson River Co-Gen LLC, reducing its original penalty demand of $2 million to a $200,000 settlement.
Sponsor: Thompson River Co-Gen LLC
Location: Yellowstone City, MT
Capacity: 15 MW
Status: On hold
- Western Resource Advocates
- Montana Environmental Information Center, Jim Jensen, jjensen [at] meic.org
- "Thompson Falls: A Lesson in How NOT to Develop a Power Plant", Montana Environmental Information Center, undated, accessed January 2008.
- “Thompson River Co-Gen, LLC Resolves Clean Air Act Violations", Montana Department of Environmental Quality, press release, November 30, 2007.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Montana and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)
- "Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants: Coal's Resurgence in Electric Power Generation", National Energy Technology Lab, May 1, 2007, page 16. (Pdf)
- "Stopping the Coal Rush", Sierra Club, accessed December 2007. (This is a Sierra Club list of new coal plant proposals.)
- Thompson River Co-Gen, Montana Environmental Information Center, undated, accessed January 2008.