Thylacine Geographe Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Thylacine Geographe Gas Pipeline is an offshore and onshore natural gas pipeline operating in South Australia.
The pipeline runs from the Otway Basin offshore Victoria, Australia, to Port Campbell, Australia.
- Operator: Beach Energy
- Parent Company: Beach Energy
- Current Capacity: 114.44 terajoules per day (107.78 million cubic feet per day)
- Length: 43 Miles / 70 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2007
The pipeline carries natural gas and liquid petroleum gas from the Thylacine platform through the Geographe field to the onshore Otway Gas processing plant in Port Campbell, Victoria. It is a part of the Otway Gas Project, which consists of two offshore gas fields, Geographe and Thylacine, and an onshore gas processing facility near Port Campbell in south-west Victoria.
Beach Energy expects to sell a 40% stake in the project to OG Energy in Q4 2019.
Articles and resources
- Onshore and offshore gas wells to be drilled off Great Ocean Road in $1 billion search for gas, The Standard, May 31, 2019
- Otway Basin Victoria, Beach Energy, accessed December 2019.
- Beach awards work for Otway project expansion, Upstream Online, May 9, 2019
- "Production commences from Otway Gas Project's Geographe field", Origin Energy, July 29, 2013.