Tianan No.8 Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Tianan No.8 Coal Mine is operated by Pingdingshan Tianan Coal Mining Co., Ltd., which is owned by China Pingmei Shenma Energy and Chemical Group Co., Ltd. The Mine was built on October 12, 1966. It was the first super-large mine designed and constructed by China, with a designed annual production capacity of 3 million tons. The first phase of the project was put into operation on February 13, 1981, and the second phase of the project was put into operation on December 30, 1984. The approved production capacity of the mine in 2018 is 4.05 million tons/year.
- Operator: Pingdingshan Tianan Coal Mining Co., Ltd.
- Owner: China Pingmei Shenma Energy and Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Guanghua Street, Weidong District, Pingdingshan City, Henan Province, China
- GPS Coordinates: 33.758125, 113.426262(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4.05 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Resource: 268.43 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 128.64 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Bituminous(Met)
- Mine Size: 43.8k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1981
Articles and resources
- 平顶山天安煤业股份有限公司八矿，企查查，Accessed May 2021
- 平顶山天安煤业股份有限公司八矿，看准网，Accessed May 2021
- 全国煤矿生产能力情况（生产煤矿）（截至2018年12月31日），国家能源局，March 15, 2019
- 平顶山天安煤业股份有限公司2020年公开发行可续期公司债券（面向合格投资者）（第一期）跟踪评级报告（2020），中诚信国际信用评级有限责任公司，December 1, 2020
- 平顶山天安煤业股份有限公司2021年度第一期短期融资券募集说明书page 97，平顶山天安煤业股份有限公司，April 2021