Tianchi Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Tianchi Coal Mine, formerly known as Heshun County Guyao Coal Mine, has a 1.2 million tons/year design production capacity after reconstruction. In November 2006, Tianchi Coal Mine was officially put into production.  As of the end of January 2021, the approved production capacity was 1.2 million tons/year.
On May 19, 2020, a safety accident occurred at Tianchi Coal Mine, and one person died. 
- Operator: Shanxi Heshun Tianchi Energy Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Yankuang Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Guyaokou Village, Weima Township, Heshun County, Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 37.236836, 113.475251
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 114.42 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 51.83 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Meager coal, Anthracite, Meager lean coal（Thermal, Met）
- Mine Size: 18.6806 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1999
Articles and resources
- 山西和顺天池能源有限责任公司, 企查查, Accessed September 2021
- 山西和顺天池能源有限责任公司, 山东能源集团有限公司, March 9, 2018
- 天池煤矿正式建成投产由兖矿集团与和顺县共同建设, 山西新闻网, November 17, 2006
- 山西省全省生产煤矿生产能力公告（数据截止2021年1月底）, 北极星电力网, February 25, 2021
- 又是矿难，又是当地应急局“协助”瞒报, 一点资讯, June 8, 2020
- 山西省沁水煤田和顺县山西和顺天池能源有限责任公司煤炭资源储量核实报告:As of June 30, 2017, 中国地质调查局发展研究中心, Accessed September 2021