Tianming power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tianming power station (神华四川天明电厂) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Sichuan Province, China.
The project site is shown below in Shuanghe Town, Jiangyou County.
Background on Project
In 2011 Shenhua Group and the Sichuan Provincial Government signed an agreement for a 2 x 1,000 MW coal plant for Shuanghe Town. The power station is under construction and planned for operation in 2017.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Construction resumed in 2017
Planet Satellite photos of the project site show construction continuing after July 2017.
The plant is planned for commissioning in 2021.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Operator: Sichuan Tianming Power Generation Co., Ltd. (国能四川天明发电有限公司)
- Sponsor/Owner: Guodian Sichuan Power Generation Co., Ltd. (国家能源集团四川发电有限公司)
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Shuanghe Town, Jiangyou County, Mianyang Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.869616, 104.910148 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service: 2021
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "中国神华投资近70亿元新建四川天明电厂," North China Commodity Coal, 2015-07-17
- "绵阳神华天明电厂新建工程项目开工," 2015-10-13
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "神华四川天明电厂2×100万千瓦新建工程＃2锅炉受热面开焊," 中国火力发电网, 2020-06-22
- "四川省首台超超临界百万千瓦机组投运 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2021-09-01. Retrieved 2021-11-01.
- "四川首座两台超超临界百万千瓦机组电站全面建成投产 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2021-11-01. Retrieved 2021-11-01.
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "国能四川天明发电有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-11-01.