Tianshan Qitai power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Tianshan Qitai power station (新疆天山电力奇台热电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Xinjiang province, China.
The map below shows Changji, the approximate location of the proposed plant.
Background on Plant
Xinjiang Tianlong Mining Industry Co has proposed a power station of two units of 350 MW each in the city of Changji.
The new units were commissioned in 2016.
- Sponsor: Xinjiang Tianlong Mining Industry Co
- Parent company: SGCC (39.69%), China Xinda Asset Management (36.35%), Xinjiang Autonomous Region Investment Company (23.68%), Other (0.28%)
- Location: Lamahuliang Industrial Park, Qitai county, Changji prefecture, Xinjiang province, China
- Coordinates: 44.051622,89.650895 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service: 2016
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: