Tianyuan Shandong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tianyuan Shandong power station (山东天源热电公司上大压小项目) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Huantai County, Zibo Prefecture.
Background on Plant
Tianyuan Shandong power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 600 MW in Shandong Province. The plant was completed in 2010-2011, and is owned by Shandong Tianyuan Thermoelectric. Ten smaller units were retired from 2010 to 2014.
An addition of 2 x 50 MW coal-fired back-up units is proposed.
Project Details of plant
- Sponsor: Shandong Tianyuan Thermoelectric
- Parent company: Shandong Bohui Group
- Location: Maqiao Town, Huantai City, Zibo Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.052954, 117.8763615 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 11-12); Pre-permit development (Units 13-14)
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 11 & 12: 300 MW); 100 (Units 13 & 14: 50 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2010-2011 (Units 11-12)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: