Tisza power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Tisza power station, also known as Tisza II, is a gas-fired power plant in Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen County, Hungary.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Tiszaujvaros, Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen County, Hungary.
The Tisza plant site has a history dating back to the 1970s. Originally four gas-fired steam turbines totaling 900 MW capacity, it changed ownership multiple times from MVM to US AES Corporation to SPS Smart Power Solutions. It was finally repurchased by MVM Balance in 2020. Shut down since 2012, MVM announced in 2020 that a new combined-cycle unit is proposed at the retired site.
- Sponsor: Tisza Erőmű Kft
- Parent company: MVM Zrt (MVM Group)
- Location: Tiszaujvaros, Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen County, Hungary
- Coordinates: 47.917291, 21.076981 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed):
Articles and Resources
- Tisza sets new standards, Power Engineering International, Nov 1, 2004
- AES sells 900MW gas-fuelled power plant in Hungary, Intellinews, Dec 10, 2012
- Tisza Erőmű, MVM Balance, Feb 1, 2021
- MVM is developing the largest battery and gas blocks in the region, Tekdeeps, Dec 17, 2020
- Bemutatkozás, MVM GTER, accessed Apr 12, 2021
- MVM Csoport, MVM Group, accessed Apr 12, 2021
- Tisza Power Plant, Google Maps, accessed Apr 12, 2021