Titus Generating Station
From Global Energy Monitor
Titus Generating Station was a 225.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by GenOn Energy near Birdsboro, Pennsylvania.
- Owner: GenOn Energy (as Titus Power LLC)
- Parent Company: GenOn Holdings
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 225.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 75.0 MW (1951), Unit 2: 75.0 MW (1951), Unit 3: 75.0 MW (1953)
- Location: 296 Poplar Neck Rd., Birdsboro, PA 19508
- GPS Coordinates: 40.305044, -75.908269
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements: All 3 units retired in 2013
On February 29, 2012, GenOn Energy said it will close seven of its coal generating stations by 2015, citing impending environmental regulations. This included Titus, with a proposed closure date of April 2015.
The power station was retired in 2013.
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,481,640 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "GenOn Looking to Cut Generating Capacity … Shawville Plant in the Crosshairs," GantDaily.com, Feb. 29, 2012.
- ↑ Form EIA-860 Data - Schedule 3, Generator Data, US EIA, 2014
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|