Tongmei Hunyuan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tongmei Hunyuan power station (同煤漳泽电力浑源热电联产项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Datong city.
Background on Plant
The project was permitted in October 2015.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces. Tongmei Hunyuan was cancelled.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project Details for Phase III Expansion
- Sponsor: Shanxi Zhangze Electric Power
- Parent company: Datong Coal Mine Group
- Location: Peicun Xiang Xixinzh'uang village, Hunyuan county, Datong prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.638153, 113.563419 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: