Toscelik Osmaniye steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Toscelik Osmaniye steel plant (TOSÇELİK PROFİL VE SAC END. A.Ş. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Toprakkale, Osmaniye, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Toprakkale, Osmaniye, Turkey.
Toscelik Osmaniye was established in 1997, but the steel making facilities did not begin until 2009.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Tosyali Holding
- Owner: Tosçelik Profil ve Sac Endüstrisi S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Tosyali Iron and Steel
- Other language plant name: TOSÇELİK PROFİL VE SAC END. A.Ş. (Turkish)
- Location: Osmaniye Organize Sanayi Bölgesi Fuat Tosyalı Caddesi Nu :19, 80950 Büyüktüysüz Köyü, Toprakkale, Osmaniye, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 37.016956, 36.109110 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2009 (age 11–12)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2500 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2225 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: micro alloyed steels, coil, pipes, profiles, billet, hot-rolled coil
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (180-tonne)
- Power source: Tosyalı İskenderun power station
Articles and resources
- [website.com Website name], Source, Retrieved on: Jun. 9, 2020
- Main Page, Toscelik, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- History (Turkish), Toscelik, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Our Contact Information, Toscelik, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Recent Developments in Steelmaking Capacity 2019, OECD, 2019
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.