Trail West Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Trail West Pipeline is a natural gas pipeline in Oregon, USA.
The pipeline would runs to Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Parent Company: TC Energy
- Capacity:500 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 152.9 kilometers / 95 miles
- Diameter: 30-inches
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2023
In Oregon, USA, TC Energy is working with the utility NW Natural to develop the Trail West Pipeline project, which would delliver more gas to the Portland area from a major existing pipeline in Central Oregon. The new 30-inch diameter gas pipeline is designed to transport 500 million cubic feet per day with an option to double that amount in the future. The industry believes that it could go into service by late 2023.
Articles and resources
- Eric De Place, Despite Inslee’s Opposition, Gas Industry Still Plans Big Expansion in the PNW, Sightline Institute, June 6, 2019
- Erica Jackson, National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker Alliance, February 28, 2020