|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
TransCameron Pipeline, also called the East Lateral, is a natural gas pipeline under construction.
A pipeline would connect Grand Chenier Station to Johnson's Bayou, Louisiana.
- Operator: TransCameron Pipeline LLC
- Parent Company: Venture Global LNG
- Proposed capacity: 1900 Million cubic feet per day
- Length: 24 miles / 38.5 km
- Diameter: 42-inches
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2021
The TransCameron Pipeline would be operated by TransCameron Pipeline LLC, a subsidiary of Venture Global LNG. Venture Global applied to FERC in September 2015 to site, build, and operate the pipeline. FERC lists this application as pending as of October 2017.
The pipeline received FERC approval in February of 2019. In August of 2019, Venture Global LNG made a final investment decision and closed project financing. The project has received all necessary permits, including authorization from FERC and from the US Department of Energy for non-Free Trade Agreement export. Construction has been under way since February and the project is expected to begin commercial operations in 2022. The project has 20-year LNG sales agreements with Shell, BP, Edison SPA, Galp Energia SGPS SA, Repsol SA, and Polish Oil & Gas Co.
In April 2021, FERC cleared the pipeline to enter service based on Venture Global's construction reports and photo documentation.
Articles and resources
- TransCameron Pipeline, Venture Global LNG, accessed September 2017
- Venture Global LNG Announces Major Regulatory Milestones for its LNG Export Facility and Pipeline System, Venture Global LNG, accessed January 2018
- Natural Gas Data Pipeline Projects, Energy Information Administration, accessed July 2020
- TransCameron drops one of two pipeline laterals to serve Louisiana LNG project, Hubs, Jun. 28, 2016
- Venture Global LNG Announces Major Regulatory Milestones for its LNG Export Facility and Pipeline System, PR Newswire, Sep. 8, 2015
- Major Pipeline Projects Pending (Onshore), FERC, Oct. 31, 2017
- Calcasieu Pass LNG, TransCameron Pipeline receive FERC approval, KPLC TV, accessed May 2019
- Venture Global makes Calcasieu Pass LNG FID, Oil and Gas Journal, Aug. 21, 2019
- Caroline Evans, Venture Global’s Calcasieu Pass LNG Feed Gas Pipeline Cleared for Service, Natural Gas Intelligence, Apr. 7, 2021