Tunlan Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in the Gujiao City, Taiyuan City, Shanxi province, China.
Coal Mine Background
The Tunlan Coal Mine is operated and owned by Shanxi Coking Coal Group Co.,Ltd. It was put into operation in October of 2002, Its current capacity is 4 million tons per year. At 2:17 on February 22, 2009, a gas explosion occurred in the Tunlan Coal Mine. A total of 78 miners died.
- Operator: Shanxi Coking Coal Group Co.,Ltd.
- Owner: Shanxi Coking Coal Group Co.,Ltd.
- Location: Muguahui Village, Gujiao City, Taiyuan City, Shanxi province, China
- GPS Coordinates: 37.900102, 112.108964(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4Mt/a
- Total Resource: 928Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 559Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous, Thermal
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2002