UA Fairbanks Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Ben J. Atkinson Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by the University of Alaska on UA-Fairbanks campus in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Owner: University of Alaska
- Parent Company: State of Alaska
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 13.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 1.5 MW (1964), 1.5 MW (1964), 10.0 MW (1981)
- Location: 802 Alumni Dr., Fairbanks, AK 99709
- GPS Coordinates: 64.854011, -147.822277
- Electricity Production: 58,212 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 39,698 tons (2004)
- SO2 Emissions: 173 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 5.94 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 234 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "University of Alaska Fairbanks," Carma, accessed Sep 2017
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|