UPGD Anwara power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Anwara Upazila - Chittagong District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh.
In Janurary 2019, the Bengali government approved a proposal to build a 590 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant in Anwara of Chattogram, which will be run with natural gas or imported re-liquefied natural gas. State-owned Bangladesh Power Development Board will purchase the electricity.
- Sponsor: United Enterprises & Co Ltd, Kyushu Electric Power Co Inc, Sojitz Corporation
- Parent company: United Group
- Location: Chattogram (aka Chittagong), Anwara Upazila - Chittagong District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 22.2337, 91.8660 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 590 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 590 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Govt to build 590MW plant in Anwara, The Daily Star, Jan 24, 2019
- Cabinet body approves 590MW Chittagong power plant, Dhaka Tribune, Jan 23rd, 2019