Ukhaa Khudag mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Ukhaa Khudag mine is a coal mine in South Gobi, Mongolia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the mine in Tsogttsetsii County.
The Ukhaa Khudag mine is operated by Energy Resources LLC. On its website, Energy Resources LLC states that in August 2006 it was "granted with mining license MV-11952 for the Ukhaa Khudag coking coal deposit covering area of 2,960 hectares and mining at Ukhaa Khudag commenced in April, 2009." The Ukhaa Khudag mine has been reported to comprise approximately 5 per cent of the Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit.
On its website the company states that the Ukhaa Khudag deposit holds 680 Mt of JORC-compliant measured, indicated and inferred resources as of 31 December 2016, and 313 Mt of ROM coal reserves as of 1 January 2020, respectively.
Leighton Asia, which operates the mine for Energy Resources, stated that the mine "will ramp up production rates from current levels to 10 million tonnes per year by June 2011." The 15 million tonnes per annum coal processing plant was built by the Australian mineral processing plant construction company, Sedgman.
In 2010, Energy Resources LLC became an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of the Mongolian Mining Corporation (MMC).
- Owner: Energy Resources LLC
- Parent company: Mongolian Mining Corporation (MMC)
- Location: South Gobi (Ömnögovi) Province, Mongolia
- GPS coordinates: 43.597948, 105.222627 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Annual Capacity: 10 mtpa
- Mineable reserves: 313 Mt
- Coal type: Metallurgical
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Surface
- Start year: 2009
- Life of Mine:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Energy Resources LLC, "About Us: Company Overview", Energy Resources LLC website, accessed March 2011.
- Michael Sainsbury, "Mongolia heats up the market for coal exports", The Australian, September 09, 2010.
- Ukhaa Khudag mine, Company Website, accessed May 2021
- Leighton Asia, "Ukhaakhudag (UHG) Coal Mine", Leighton Asia website, accessed March 2011.
- "Ukhaa Khudag mine", Sedgman website, accessed March 2011.
- "Mongolian Mining Corporation (00975)". Hkexness.hk. Retrieved 2016-03-31.