Ukhaa Khudag mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Ukhaa Khudag mine is a coal mine in South Gobi, Mongolia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the mine in Tsogttsetsii County.
The Ukhaa Khudag mine is operated by Energy Resources LLC. On its website, Energy Resources LLC states that in August 2006 it was "granted with mining license MV-11952 for the Ukhaa Khudag coking coal deposit covering area of 2,960 hectares and mining at Ukhaa Khudag commenced in April, 2009." The Ukhaa Khudag mine has been reported to comprise approximately 5 per cent of the Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit.
On its website the company states that the Ukhaa Khudag deposit "holds 499.9 million tons of JORC-compliant measured and indicated coal resources and 286 million tons of proven and probable reserves, respectively as of May 31, 2010. While the company produced 1.8 million tons of coal in 2009 and 3.8 million tons in 2010 respectively...".
Leighton Asia, which operates the mine for Energy Resources, stated that the mine "will ramp up production rates from current levels to 10 million tonnes per year by June 2011." The 15 million tonnes per annum coal processing plant was built by the Australian mineral processing plant construction company, Sedgman.
In 2010, Energy Resources LLC became an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of the Mongolian Mining Corporation (MMC).
- Owner: Energy Resources LLC
- Parent company: Mongolian Mining Corporation (MMC)
- Location: South Gobi (Ömnögovi) Province, Mongolia
- GPS coordinates: 43.597948, 105.222627 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Annual Capacity: 10 mtpa
- Mineable reserves: 313 Mt
- Coal type: Metallurgical
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Surface
- Start year: 2009
- Life of Mine:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Energy Resources LLC, "About Us: Company Overview", Energy Resources LLC website, accessed March 2011.
- Michael Sainsbury, "Mongolia heats up the market for coal exports", The Australian, September 09, 2010.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Leighton Asia, "Ukhaakhudag (UHG) Coal Mine", Leighton Asia website, accessed March 2011.
- "Ukhaa Khudag mine", Sedgman website, accessed March 2011.
- "Mongolian Mining Corporation (00975)". Hkexness.hk. Retrieved 2016-03-31.